- Systems designed specifically for each client
- Small or large solar energy projects
- Solar Panel installation
- All electrical associated with the solar installation included
- Certified, friendly and honest technicians
- Energy Management and Home Automation products available, as well as recommendations for the best use of these energy saving items for the client.
SERVING THE ENTIRE DALLAS AND FORT WORTH AREA WITH INTEGRETY AND EXCELLENCE!
Texas Electrical Contractors License # 22838 Texas Masters License # 00015661 Copyright Olson Electric Service, Inc. 2010.
Basic information and helpful tips on saving energy
Solar Energy is the energy that is produced from the sun whether it is in
the form of sunlight particles that can create electricity, such as solar electricity or photovoltaics, or in the form of heat to warm water or air space.
Photovoltaics (PVs) are arrays of cells containing a solar photovoltaic material that converts solar radiation into direct current electricity. Solar panels are the foundation of any photovoltaic system.
Energy use in typical Texas homes:45% for heating and cooling; 24% for heating water; 31% for base electric use such as refrigerators - 10%, cooking - 5%, clothes dryer - 5% and other miscellaneous electrical items - 11%
Curbing your overall energy use will help to lower your utility bills.Here are some tips to save on your energy useage.
- Insulation is one of the best ways a homeowner can save money along with proper attic ventilation, be it soffit vents or installation of power vents, wind turbines and even solar vents.
- Make sure no air is leaking out of cracks and crevices by sealing these areas with caulk.
- About 40% of unwanted heat can enter your home through your windows. Windows are available designed with special materials to minimize air leaks and also glazed and coatings that can be applied to the glass.
- Radiant Barriers are extremely effective in keeping out heat. When this product is properly installed, a 25% savings can be the result.
- Energy efficient appliances use the most amount of energy each day. Investing in new energy efficient appliances can quickly pay for themselves with the savings realized.